⚠️ Coronavirus Note
In-person meetings may have been canceled or moved online, please contact your local meeting organizers before visiting an in-person meeting to confirm. See our List of Online Meetings
Welcome to buddhistrecovery.org
This is the official website of the Buddhist Recovery Network.
The Buddhist Recovery Network promotes the use of Buddhist teachings and practices to help people recover from the suffering caused by addictive behaviors and is open to people of all backgrounds, and respectful of all recovery paths.
BRN Online Meetings
We offer meetings every Wednesday, from 5:30pm to 6:30pm Pacific Time, each week we explore a different Buddhist Recovery program
Every Saturday at 12pm PST we sponsor an Eight Step Recovery BIPOC meeting
Vimalasara our outgoing president is inviting you to spend 5 days with them at the Omega institute from September 11-16th
Registration is now open
The Buddhist Recovery Network is in solidarity with the BIMPOC populations.
- We will not stay quiet in the face of public modern day lynchings of Black and Brown Bodies.
- We will not be silent over the racial injustices that are prevalent in the USA, Canada, UK and many other countries in Europe.
- In moving forward we want to be an organization that has Diversity, Inclusion and Equity at the heart of our mission.
- We aspire to support recovery groups that prioritize the needs of Black and Indigenous People of Color
- We will work to support creating safer spaces where people from these and other marginalized populations are safe and welcome in all recovery meetings.
Buddhist Recovery Academy
Want more teachings?
The latest podcasts can be found on the BRN Academy Podcast page.
Beginning March 3rd, 5:30 - 6:30 PT each Wednesday, the BRN will be hosting virtual meetings, we will be rotating the program between several formats each month; Recovery Dharma, Eight Step Recovery, Noble Steps, as well as our own Buddhist Recovery Network format.
- Last updated: 25 Sep 2022
- What’s new?
- Recovery Dharma meetings updated.
- Refuge Recovery meetings updated.
- A new meeting, in Larkspur, California, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa, Arizona, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Cleveland, Ohio, United States. Find out more here.
- And remember to check the BRN calendar for talks, retreats and workshops over the coming months. Find out more here.
- The BRN Team.
Support the BRN
The Buddhist Recovery Network is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that is volunteer-run and relies solely on your donations. Our Mission is to promote all Buddhist Recovery meetings no matter what their affiliation is. And to bring you Buddhist teachers from around the Globe sharing teachings and practices to help people recover from the suffering caused by addictive behaviors. We provide podcasts, meditations, educational resources for anyone who needs them.
Generosity is an act of true freedom, and thus the perfect place to start the path to total release. - Thanissaro Bhikku