You are here: Academy > Schedule
Buddhist Recovery Network - Academy schedule
BRN Academy Schedule
Academy Teachings schedule:
- January 6th 2019 — Caroline Brazier : “Greed, Hate and Delusion: A Buddhist Theory of Everything”
“We are all addicted. We all plan our escapes from the existential angst of modern life. Some of us are just a bit more subtle about it than others. Buddhist psychology is the study of avoidance and addiction. Through the processes commonly known as the three poisons and popularly translated as 'greed, hate and delusion' we avoid the reality of suffering and responsibility by choosing our particular poisons, and in so doing we generate further levels of misery for ourselves. With a myriad variations on the old theme, we set ourselves apart psychologically from our troubled times; an action which is devastating to all our futures on a planet overburdened by consumption and conflict as well as to our personal well-being. In this talk I will be offering some basic insights derived from this Buddhist understanding and some pointers which Buddhism offers for unhooking from these pernicious processes, both at the personal and the collective level.”
- December 2nd 2018 — Acharya Passatininna (Christie Bates)
- November 4th 2018 — George Johns
- October 7th 2018 — Gary Sanders
- September 2nd 2018 — Ruth King
Reminder of the time zones:
- 1:00pm US Pacific time.
- 3:00pm US Central time.
- 4:00pm US Eastern time.
- 9:00pm UK (BST) time.
- 8:00am the following day (Monday) Sydney, AU time.
- 10:00am the following day (Monday) New Zealand time.