You are here: Academy > Schedule
Buddhist Recovery Network - Academy schedule
Academy Teachings schedule:
- July 7th 2019 — Angyu Devin Ashwood : “Living an Authentic Life” A life free from craving, addictions and compulsions isn’t just about avoiding intoxicants, it invites the opportunity to live a full and authentic life with creativity and joy. This isn’t just a possibility. Research suggests that although people in recovery from substance misuse often suffer more in the first year, in the longer term they are on average happier than the general population. Could this be because recovery demands effort, self-reflection and a willingness to change? We will explore how we can use these qualities on the Buddha’s path as a self-study and training programme that shines a light on the mistakes we make so that we can give them up and live life on life’s terms. Living an authentic life, in harmony with the Dharma is a life of peace and joy. Please join me as we explore this together.
- August 4th 2019 — Joan Tollifson
- September 1st 2019 — Shahara Godfrey
- October 6th 2019 — Enrique Collazo
- November 3rd 2019 — Martine Batchelor
Reminder of the time zones:
- 1:00pm US Pacific time.
- 3:00pm US Central time.
- 4:00pm US Eastern time.
- 9:00pm UK (BST) time.
- 8:00am the following day (Monday) Sydney, AU time.
- 10:00am the following day (Monday) New Zealand time.