⚠️ Coronavirus Note
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person meetings may have been canceled or moved online. Please contact your local meeting organizers before visiting an in-person meeting to confirm.
See our List of Online Meetings
You are here: Buddhist Recovery Academy > Schedule
Buddhist Recovery Network - Academy schedule
Academy Teachings schedule:
- April 5th 2020 — Loch Kelly : “Effortless Mindfulness for Addiction Recovery: One Glimpse at a Time” The Effortless Mindfulness approach to addiction draws on Buddhist meditation from Mahayana and Tibetan Buddhism. Effortless Mindfulness is a direct approach that considered an advanced, yet simple way to access our true nature and treat suffering at its root. The 2 main premises are: craving is caused by living from our small separate sense of self and there is an already installed awakened consciousness that we can learn to shift into and live from.The main practice is small glimpses many times a day, rather than long periods of meditation. Rather than focusing and concentrating to calm our minds we begin by opening awareness to a spacious and pervasive subtle level of awareness based knowing. At this time of challenge we will learn simple effortless mindfulness practices as a way to shift out of our addictive mind and into our heart mind.Loch Kelly, M.Div., LCSW is author of the award-winning book, The Way of Effortless Mindfulness. He is a licensed psychotherapist and recognized leader in the field of meditation and awakening. He is the founder of the non-profit, Open-Hearted Awareness Institute and has worked in community mental health, established homeless shelters and counseled family members of 9/11. Loch graduated from Columbia University and received a fellowship to study in Sri Lanka and India. Loch collaborates with neuroscientists at Yale, UPenn and NYU in the study of how awareness training can enhance compassion and wellbeing. Loch is dedicated to reducing suffering and supporting people to live from open-hearted awareness. Loch is known for his warm sense of humor, and his trust that awakening is the next natural stage of development. He teaches the advanced, yet simple, nondual pointers and direct methods of effortless mindfulness, informed by psychology and social justice. Loch lives in New York City with his wife Paige and their cat Duffy. Info at www.lochkelly.org
- May 3rd 2020 — Carol Cano
- July 5th 2020 — Kevin Griffin
- August 2nd 2020 — Gary Sanders
- September 6th 2020 — Ralph Steele
Reminder of the time zones:
- 1:00pm US Pacific time.
- 3:00pm US Central time.
- 4:00pm US Eastern time.
- 9:00pm UK (BST) time.
- 8:00am the following day (Monday) Sydney, AU time.
- 10:00am the following day (Monday) New Zealand time.