Buddhist Recovery Academy > Academy Teachers
Select a Teacher
Fresh “Lev” White
Fresh “Lev” White is a love and compassion activist. He offers mindfulness, mediation, and diversity trainings as tools for shifting towards more authentic, conscious, and passionate living. He works with individuals, households, and professional teams. As a certified coach, and professional trainer, Lev has offered over 300 diversity trainings in the San Francisco Bay Area and Beyond. He earned his coaching and leadership certifications through the Co-Active Training Institute. Lev is also mindfully grounded at the East Bay Meditation Center, and a graduate of Spirit Rock’s Community Dharma Leadership program. Lev offers secular mindfulness, and non-secular meditation in addition to talks on Compassion in both corporate, spiritual, and other private settings. He credits his ability to reach diverse audiences to his years growing up in multi-ethnic communities in New York.
- Dhamma Dena Buddhist Retreat Center, 2003-Present Teacher Counsel and Board Member
- SF Chronicle: Living Trans in Tumultuous Times, April 2023
- Kehilla Synagogue, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging, 2021-Present BIPOC Congress
- National Center for Lesbian Rights, 2021-2022, Board Member
- San Francisco Pride: Pride Grand Marshal 2016
- Dharma Talk San Francisco Zen Center, Pride 2017: Moments of Love
- Gender Spectrum: What’s it like to be trans and Buddhist
- KQED’s Forum: In My Experience: Transgender Transitions
- KPIX Bay Area: Fresh White “Affirmative Acts”
- The Guardian: New American Family
- Founder: Trans and GQ Mindfulness Meetup
- Team Member: Trans Spiritual Care Initiative
- June 4th 2023 — Understanding No Self and a World Based on Identities
For this session, in honor of LGBTQ+ Pride, Lev will read a poem from the book Transcending: Trans Buddhist Voices and talk about why it's important to honor who we all are, or identify, while also understanding the emptiness of us.
- September 4th 2022 — Practicing In Sangha: Diversity & Belonging
- September 5th 2021 — Loving Ourselves Towards Freedom
- March 1st 2020 — Perfect As We Are: A Self Compassion Practice
In this session we will release self-doubt and/or self-blame, and engage in a practice of self-love and self-forgiveness.Fresh “Lev” White is a love and compassionate activist. He offers mindfulness, coaching, mediation, and diversity trainings as tools for shifting towards more authentic, conscious and passionate living. He teaches and writes about how love and self-compassion are the ultimate gateways to loving and understanding others; thus, healing our communities, and our planet.
As a coach and Founder of Affirmative Acts Consulting, Lev supports executives, entrepreneurs, artists and other coaches with achieving their goals. Through value alignment, offering accountability and helping to create individual practices of self-care, and self-compassion, his clients have successfully improved their management skills, founded organizations, and taken leadership roles in new executive and director positions. Through the practice of mindfulness, Lev helps clients see clearly through their fears, and improve their emotional responses to challenging situations, which supports strengthening their efficiency and expanding their creativity, in all areas of their life.
Lev has offered over 200 diversity trainings in the Bay Area and beyond. He earned facilitation skills through his coaching certification, and an extensive leadership training program, each through the Co-Active Training Institute (formally known as The Coaches Training Institute) in 2011. He was trained on delivering LGBTQIA+ Ally trainings by CUAV in 2002, and in 2005 became a Certified Trainer through Out and Equal Workplace Advocates."