⚠️ Coronavirus Note
In-person meetings may have been canceled or moved online, please contact your local meeting organizers before visiting an in-person meeting to confirm. See our List of Online Meetings
Resources > Media and Reviews
Books and other media reviews on Buddhist Recovery
Books & Reviews on Recovery and Buddhism
We have tried to include as much information as possible on each title, to help you find books that speak to your own situation. For each title we have included technical information, a list of chapter headings and selected excerpts. Book reviews can also be posted.
The Buddhist Recovery Network (BRN) may earn a small commission from Amazon, for book sales generated by our website. The BRN use this revenue to finance its continuing mission of offering resources to the Recovery Community.
If you wish to make a formal donation, please visit our Donation page.
Each book comes with a link to Amazon, should you wish to purchase the item. Buddhist Recovery books tend to be specialist titles with limited distribution, so you may need to ask your local retailer to place titles on order for you.
Locate a document
- Sheldon Clark: Buddhist Recovery, Daily Practice, 2022 (Book)
- Valerie Mason-John: Afrikan Wisdom, 2021 (Book)
- Pamela Yetunde & Cheryl Giles: Black and Buddhist, 2020 (Book)
- Hilda Baldoquin: Dharma, Color, and Culture, 2004 (Book)
- Larry Ward: America's Racial Karma, 2020 (Book)
- Ruth King: Mindful Of Race, 2018 (Book)
- Charles Johnson: Taming the Ox, 2014 (Book)
- Zenju Earthlyn Manuel: The Way of Tenderness, 2015 (Book)
- Angel Kyodo Williams: Being Black, 2002 (Book)
- Gaylon Ferguson: Natural Wakefulness, 2010 (Book)
- Pema Chodron: Comfortable with Uncertainty, 2018 (Book)
- Recovery Dharma: Recovery Dharma, 2019 (Book)
- Kevin Griffin: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps, 2014 (Book)
- Jane Nelsen Ed.D. & Riki Intner: Positive Discipline for Parenting in Recovery, 1995 (Book)
- Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. & Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D.: Giving the Love That Heals, 1997 (Book)
Use the filter above to view more...
The book reviews contained in this site represent the individual responses of readers. The publication of a review implies no official endorsement by the Buddhist Recovery Network.