⚠️ Coronavirus Note
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in-person meetings may have been canceled or moved online. Please contact your local meeting organizers before visiting an in-person meeting to confirm.
See our List of Online Meetings
You are here: Resources > Media and Reviews
Books and other media reviews on Buddhist Recovery
Books & Reviews on Recovery and Buddhism
We have tried to include as much information as possible on each title, to help you find books that speak to your own situation. For each title we have included technical information, a list of chapter headings and selected excerpts. Book reviews can also be posted.
The Buddhist Recovery Network (BRN) may earn a small commission from Amazon, for book sales generated by our website. The BRN use this revenue to finance its continuing mission of offering resources to the Recovery Community.
If you wish to make a formal donation, please visit our Donation page.
Each book comes with a link to Amazon, should you wish to purchase the item. Buddhist Recovery books tend to be specialist titles with limited distribution, so you may need to ask your local retailer to place titles on order for you.
Locate a document
- Santikaro: 12 Step Audio Lectures (First published 2004), 2005 (Podcast)
- Judith Ragir, Zen Priest and Teacher: 12 Step Audio Lectures (First published 2004), 2006 (Podcast)
- Laura S.: 12 Steps on Buddha’s Path, 2006 (Book)
- Kevin Griffin: A Burning Desire, 2010 (Book)
- Jack Kornfield: A Path With Heart (Revised edition, first published 1993), 2002 (Book)
- Claude Anshin Thomas: At Hell’s Gate, 2004 (Book)
- Jeffrey M. Schwartz, M.D. & Beverly Beyette: Brain Lock, 1996 (Book)
- Kevin Griffin: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps, 2014 (Book)
- Comfortable with Uncertainty, 2018 (Book)
- William Alexander: Cool Water, 1997 (Book)
- Paul Garrigan: Dead Drunk, 2011 (Book)
- Noah Levine: Dharma Punx, 2003 (Book)
- (Vipassana in Tihar Jail, New Delhi): Doing Time Doing Vipassana, 1997 (CD / DVD)
- Valerie Mason-John & Paramabandhu Groves: Eight Step Recovery, 2014 (Book)
- Chönyi Taylor: Enough! (Original edition July 16, 2010), 2010 (Book)
Use the filter above to view more...
The book reviews contained in this site represent the individual responses of readers. The publication of a review implies no official endorsement by the Buddhist Recovery Network.