You are here: Resources > Media and Reviews
Books and other media reviews on Buddhist Recovery
Books & Reviews on Recovery and Buddhism
What you get: We have tried to include as much information as possible on each title, to help you find books that speak to your own situation. For each title we have included technical information, a list of chapter headings and selected excerpts. Book reviews can also be posted.
Ordering: Each book comes with a link to Amazon, should you wish to purchase the item. Buddhist Recovery books tend to be specialist titles with limited distribution, so you may need to ask your local retailer to place titles on order for you.
Locate a document
- Santikaro: 12 Step Audio Lectures (First published 2004), 2005 (Podcast)
- Judith Ragir, Zen Priest and Teacher: 12 Step Audio Lectures (First published 2004), 2006 (Podcast)
- Laura S.: 12 Steps on Buddha’s Path, 2006 (Book)
- Kevin Griffin: A Burning Desire, 2010 (Book)
- Jack Kornfield: A Path With Heart (Revised edition, first published 1993), 2002 (Book)
- Claude Anshin Thomas: At Hell’s Gate, 2004 (Book)
- Jeffrey M. Schwartz, M.D. & Beverly Beyette: Brain Lock, 1996 (Book)
- William Alexander: Cool Water, 1997 (Book)
- Paul Garrigan: Dead Drunk, 2011 (Book)
- Noah Levine: Dharma Punx, 2003 (Book)
- (Vipassana in Tihar Jail, New Delhi): Doing Time Doing Vipassana, 1997 (CD / DVD)
- Valerie Mason-John & Paramabandhu Groves: Eight Step Recovery, 2014 (Book)
- Chönyi Taylor: Enough! (Original edition July 16, 2010), 2010 (Book)
- Harville Hendrix, Ph.D. & Helen LaKelly Hunt, Ph.D.: Giving the Love That Heals, 1997 (Book)
- William Alexander: Hi, I’m Bill and I’m Old, 2008 (Book)
Use the filter above to view more...
The book reviews contained in this site represent the individual responses of readers. The publication of a review implies no official endorsement by the Buddhist Recovery Network.