- Last updated: 12 Nov 2018
- What’s new?
- A new meeting, in Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Olympia, WA, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Montgomery, AL, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Vero Beach, FL, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Midland, MI, United States. Find out more here.
- Numerous retreats and events over the coming months. Find out more here.
- And remember to check the BRN calendar of events here for talks, retreats and workshops.
- The BRN Team.
Welcome to buddhistrecovery.org
This is the official website of the Buddhist Recovery Network.
The Buddhist Recovery Network promotes the use of Buddhist teachings and practices to help people recover from the suffering caused by addictive behaviors and is open to people of all backgrounds, and respectful of all recovery paths.
This website presents resources that can help illuminate the Buddhist path to freedom from alcoholism and addiction. To view these resources, please click on any of the buttons in the navigation menu.
Buddhist Recovery News
Save the date for the next Buddhist Recovery Summit
Registration will begin in January!
September 5th-8th 2019
BRN Academy with Shahara Godfrey - Nov 4th
Shahara Godfrey is a graduate of the UCLA Mindfulness and Awareness Research Center program and holds a MA in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University with a Ph.D. in Transformative Learning from California Institute of Integral Studies. She has been in recovery for over 20 years and practices in the Theravada Buddhist tradition. In addition. She combines combines Somatic work with Buddhism and Mindfulness through Coaching, 12-step and Buddhist Recovery work and the arts. Ms. Godfrey has completed Spirit Rock's Community Dharma Leadership and Dedicated Practitioner's programs. She is a core teacher at the East bay Meditation Center since 2008.