Quick links -
- Last updated: 13 Sep 2019
- What’s new?
- A new meeting, in Topsfield, Massachusetts, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in London, London, United Kingdom. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Vista, California, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Redwood City, California, United States. Find out more here.
- A new meeting, in Dunedin, Florida, United States. Find out more here.
- Numerous retreats and events over the coming months. Find out more here.
- And remember to check the BRN calendar of events here for talks, retreats and workshops.
- The BRN Team.
Welcome to buddhistrecovery.org
This is the official website of the Buddhist Recovery Network.
The Buddhist Recovery Network promotes the use of Buddhist teachings and practices to help people recover from the suffering caused by addictive behaviors and is open to people of all backgrounds, and respectful of all recovery paths.
This website presents resources that can help illuminate the Buddhist path to freedom from alcoholism and addiction. To view these resources, please click on any of the buttons in the navigation menu.
Buddhist Recovery News
The Buddhist Recovery Summit has a few spots left. It may say you are on a waitlist, but if you register now you will get in! So please visit registration site and we get you registered for the historic event.
Next BRN Academy teaching with Kara Haney -- Sept 1st 2019
Kara Haney has practiced meditation and studied Buddhism since 1993. With over twenty years in recovery, her background includes both Buddhist practice in the understanding of craving and twelve-step recovery. Since 2013 she has assisted in starting Buddhist recovery groups within communities, addiction treatment facilities, and jails; and continues to be a foundational member and mentor for the Buddhist recovery community. Kara was empowered to teach by Bob Stahl and was also trained to facilitate Mindfulness and Buddhist meditation by JoAnna Hardy and Vinny Ferraro of the former Against the Stream Meditation Society. She teaches weekly Dharma groups, daylong retreats, and offers Dharma courses such as "A Year to Live" and "Eightfold Path." Kara completed a twenty-year career as a dental surgical assistant and currently enjoys living in Santa Cruz while working towards a Masters degree in Social Work.
Click https://zoom.us/j/518564313 to join in this latest BRN Academy teaching
We are excited to present...
... a summary from the Northern California Regional Buddhist Summit
as well as...
... a new BRN Academy Podcast page.
Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center in the Colorado Rockies, 30 minutes west of Boulder