Heart of Recovery
Day/time: Thursdays — 7:00pm ET
Bilingual (Eng/Fr) - MONTRÉAL SHAMBHALA MEDITATION CENTRE
1225 boulevard St-Joseph Est - Suite 201, Montreal, QC H2J 1L7
Bilingual meeting led by Laurence Corman and Christian Arsenault
The Heart of Recovery is a meditation and discussion group with the purpose of bringing together the practice of meditation, the Shambhala and Buddhist teachings, and the 12 Steps of recovery. We focus on sharing our experience while bringing together meditation practice with our individual paths of recovery from addiction.
The meeting is open to all, including:
- Anyone interested in exploring the relationship of meditation to the recovery from addictive behaviors
- Buddhist practitioners from any tradition
- 12 Step practitioners from any program
We welcome all individuals who are committed to working with their addictive and compulsive behaviors. This group is open to anyone who is interested in exploring how the path of meditation and the path of recovery intersect.
No meditation experience is necessary, and brief meditation instruction is given at the start of each meeting. Newcomers will learn basic meditation techniques to enhance, not replace, their own recovery program. Experienced meditators will discover new ways to deepen their current practice while supporting the group.
Meeting format includes:
- Sitting meditation instruction and practice
- A topic offering in the form of a brief share or reading by the facilitator
- Discussion and exploration by group members
- Sharing our personal experience, strength, and hope
No need to register and there is no charge for the meetings, but donations to the operating costs of the Center are welcome.
Phone- 514 397-0115 Email- firstname.lastname@example.org